1.077 is up for a week now. List of additional changes, as described in
LHmod info file:
- Fixed some dialog errors regarding Murphy
- Wasteland shop owners will increase their prices considerably, depending
on the game difficulty
- Game difficulty now affects opponent's "toughness"
- Player has to eat and drink water (beta)
and Fo2 high res. patch got updated since LH 1.076 but i never got to
implement these newer versions into LH mod. Now, Sfall version used in LH
mod is currently v3.7.3. However, high res patch needs to be installed
manually as it can be safely set to run on different settings while sfall
.ini file has to stay with the exact same settings when i tested the mod,
which will guarantee mod's stability if installed according to
4.10.2016 - There's more work to be
been a while since the last update. Update 1.077 isn't finished yet,
there's some work left to be done. Planned mod difficulty overhaul will
however take more time due to faulty game engine. Everything done from
this point is aimed at improving this mod, gameplay, balance...
- Back in business?
are some minor fixes, i'm still working on them, they aren't essential for
the completion of this mod:
-Quest description "Find a plow for oldie" changed, since the player is
asked to find a shovel.
-Player now gets exp. points for delivering Garol's letter.
Note, some of the reported bugs are actually
game engine flaws that don't really have a workaround so random crashes
may happen. Let me remind you that i have played and successfully
completed my mod, without corrupted save files or "fatal" crashes. I
will however, continue to add new things, include newer sFall version and
most likely temper with mod difficulty.
11.5.2014 - Update...
working on few minor changes since version 1.075. These changes will
include the following:
MRC location didn't appear on the world map, corrected. Also works for
earlier saved games.
- Player can now deliver a power plant part to Lenny, without having to
is not a complete list of changes...
also started working on mod walkthrough. This will take longer.
Complete list of changes in 1.076:
location didin't appear on the world map, corrected. Also works for
earlier saved games.
- Player can now deliver a power plant part to Lenny, without having to
- Player will also remember seeing suspicious clothes used in a robbery of
- Murphy won't discuss about trade agreement with Farmers if the mine
hasn't been "cleaned".
- Possible bug exploit in "Pass the trials in the catacombs of death"
- Killing Matthew unexpectedly lead to quest error, corrected
- Player can ask Red about money he owes to Eric, with "Find Jackie" quest
- Philton forest map lagging, corrected **
i started working again on my "new" mod. So far, It's months away from
14.11.2013 – Another update
Version 1.074 is
out. Again, few minor changes. Only this time
you can just copy-paste these files over your 1.073 installation. Be
aware, if you installed a new version of Sfall
and have a save game with that versions, overwriting with these files can
corrupt your game. You can always check your sfall
version in ddraw.ini file
(main menu screen). Since new sfall version has
more graphic enhancements, if your plan to update sfall, please do it sooner (if you just started
playing, before your first save). List of updates:
- Miners town entrance map (with walls) had a few
bugs, Billy giving you the same quest again, Rock pile blocking the cave
entrance appearing again, fixed
- Before going on a hunting mission, Jerry gives the
player one day to prepare. He will say so instead of giving the player
time until tomorrow at sunset. Also, quest has been modified so the
player gets some clues about how to complete it
- Mission for Philton slavers can be completed now
22.9.2013 – Short update
Version 1.073 is out. Few changes were made since
- Basil being killed leaves several problems and
certain major quest unresolved, corrected
- Car placement on random encounters map has been
- Golden Valley citizens in captivity will
"help" if the player gets locked up in basement
- There was no solution for "Collect Erics money from Norman"quest,
- Lost City area had one "broken" (leads
to nowhere/wrong placement) ladder, corrected
- Canville wandering deathclaw has more HP now
- Erroneous map data (Old Hotel Warehouse) caused
incorrect ammo amount to appear in one of the guards inventory
- Random encounters slightly harder
- Random encounters Prison patrols will confront
the player for any violation of "Wasteland Base" rules
I’d like to point out that it’s highly recommended
that you use only the latest version of this mod. In other words, you
don’t need to copy new files over the old ones for this mod to work. As
described in info file, using saved games from the older version can
corrupt your game.
Download section has been updated.
– Still in business.
New version 1.07 is out!
Lots of small fixes were made, described in LH info.txt file. Download
link is available in download section.
18.February.2013 – Back on track?
working on dialogs, considering how much free time i
have, it’s going like a speed of light trying to catch up with the
astronomical unit… not fast enough. While testing script
changes i noticed game engine forces map entry
points even though
were clearly marked with“off”flag. This can cause a player to spawn at
“forbidden” areas (behind the security gates and
patrols) which is often called cheating. But hey, everyone cheats once
in a while… even in real life
11.October.2012 - Do you speak english?
doing some scripting, that is, correcting old stuff i
started working on dialogs. Years passed and i
only recently saw what mess this guy left behind. Instead of doing
grammar corrections, what i hoped he was doing,
he filtered words i.e. corrected spelling and changed very small amount
of text (say, <20%). It's almost insulting to see his english even worse than mine, and i'm
"no f****** englishman" at all. All i have to say is: "Dude, you're fired." :p
- It still lives (The memory?)
A massive amount of
work has been done since august. Lots of changes
(fixes). Can't name them all but a short list will be available
when version 1.07 comes up. Will not be compatible with 1.06 saves,
otherwise it would ruin player's gameplay. Atomicgamer download
link has been removed and NMA linked file will be updated but until then
server will host this obsolete 1.06 version. I'm only responsible for
this "english" version, any other
patches made by anyone else will not be included or considered (by me) as
a part of this mod. Of course excluding sfall which is not essential for this mod to work but
was included from the very beginning since most if not all players have
positive opinion about this "engine enhancement (tweaking) "
tool. More info soon.
- Months went by...
Ok, some fresh news. Right
from the assembly line comes 1.06 update:
Canville mine entrance guard
script fixed, he'll notice if player tries to use the elevator
- Canville citizen script corrected. "Error" floating messages
were caused by another script calling the same text
- Canville parking Loner script corrected, wrong town rep. GVAR
- Canville, 3 scavengers on Canville train station caused game to crash
when spoken to, corrected
- Joes store house key, added "use" action flag
-Philton bulletin board had "Duntown" name written in it, corrected
- lockers, in north west corner of farmers town residential area, moved
to their owners and protected from looting
- Miners town cave entrance, now possible to clear the pile of rocks
blocking the entrance without taking the
"mantis raids" mission
- when you ask dr.travis "...about the
mine...", dialog closes, corrected
- Infinite xp (+1500 every time) when killing
Basil's gang and reporting back to sheriff, this was possible due to game
bug with 0 key, corrected for the current script
- Bio research base turrets will behave as they should
- Golden valley meeting now held at local library(still in development)
- edited military base guard script (Golden valley), added additional
dialog line so player is not forced to leave
the base every second time he talks to the guard, the guard will also
remove id card from players inventory if
- Military base sergeant will get "angry" if player doesn't
wear any type of metal armor (mark1 or mark2)
- after 15 MAR 2322 Arroyo will not appear on the world map and Wasteland
Forest will reappear on the same place
- Ron will not give you the same job twice.
- Greg from Canville will now take the ore from you if you tell him about
- "coffin guy" has proper script attached to him
- Robert, "FORM" member can sometimes block the doorway if
player decides to go on a killing spree, now "push"
- random encounter Hubologist object_pid name corrected to "Prison
- Wasteland prison laser gate computer can be used to temporary disable
the force field
- Wasteland prison force field can be temporary disabled with nearby
28.August.2009 - Here we go again!
new stuff added in screenshots section...
05.August.2009 - those buggs!
Canville buggs generating random crashes were
probably caused by corrupted map data. It would take lot of time to mess
with the old stuff and try to rebuild the whole map. The reason for
mentioning these facts is because i haven't got
a single game crash since i fixed Canville dialogs and scripts in version 1.05 and it's
a real mystery how game crashes on some computers. The only thing i have time for right now is to upload the same 1.05
again and hope you wouldn't encounter errors. But again, i don't know which save file have you used because
the old ones (from 1.04) could work too but the changes i've made wouldn't be visible. So, my suggestion is
to help if you can by enabling debug mode for Fallout2.exe and see if
there's anything unusual in the .log file.
would like to know which things did you like in this mod and which you
didn't (maps, dialogs, encounters, game balance, quests...) anything that
could help me with my new mod. No announcements yet but the time has come
to move forward. So don't be lazy, write a thing or two :) Peace man!
20.April.2009 - update
- some Canville buggs
causing constant game crashing, fixed
- dialogs corrected
02.March.2009 - new update
New update v1.05 will be out
in weeks. It'll cover dialog changes, some grammar corrections and some
minor changes which will be reported later.
some earlier updates
updates from version 1.03 and 1.04
- when you get a job from
Mary to bring her empty bottles, the quest appears completed in pipboy right after you
took it. Fixed. Also, you wouldn't get this job twice.
- when you take the job to fight in the ring for Eric, your opponent
- "The shelter" location stayed hidden after you've been there
- doc Davin will now take correct amount of
money for treating player's wounds
- City of Philton stayed hidden because it was
linked with unfinished quest which was removed, now visible
- If you decided to kill Falcon brothers at small village location, their
caravan wagon wouldn't disappear in the morning
- some lockers in UMB were reachable from the other side (through wall),
- fixed, player knew about plans against mayor Donson's
without even talking to anyone about it
- corrected Golden Valley town map error where military base was accesible without "ID pass" item
- "FN Fal" proto corrected so it'll
display FN Fal image instead of reserved
Jack's locker is not lootable, it'll be
displayed when you try to use skills or lockpick
- Darren will not ask you again to bring him certain item
- fixed bug where you get exp. points every time you ask sheriff Milton
about the missing people quest
- fixed dialogue option where you can ask bar owner Anna about gecko
hunter even if he isn't there
- golden valley downtown, added exit grid map markers for exit grids to
- removed wall transition effect from doors so they'll be visible if you
walk behind them
- Fixed. MRC level 1 entry point shown even before you actually get into
- sergeant will tell you to help doc. Fred only once
- Derek will now take ten frag grenades you
took from Bulls even if you have more in your inventory
- when you bring Jack's medicals, you could have just dropped the heart
pills on the ground and completed
the quest without giving him those pills, this has been corrected
- 4th level MRC, after blowing up the pile of rocks, screen fades out and
stays that way untill you quit the
update covers following bugs:
- fixed exit grid leading from Miner's resident area to the caves
- replaced local vars with global vars in Gecko quest in Farmers town that prevents
player to talk with the
important quest NPC after exiting map
- changed description of the second door in trial rooms
- staircase in Miner's storage building blocked with barrels to prevent
player from using it
- Wasteland prison gate guard sometimes gets stuck, he should no longer
- "Mantis Raids" quest solving possible
- dialogue with Colin had some script errors
Marc will appear at the bar after the gecko quest is done
15.January.2009 - It's alive!
mod is is up and available for
download. Before playing the mod, please
a look at readmeLH.txt for more information about mod contents and gameplay. You can post any of your questions at
i'm done with maps and scripts but i have a bigger problem, lots of small bugs that i'm trying to fix in a short period of time due to my
demanding daily job and school at the same time. Yep, that's what took me
so long. Nevertheless, it's playable but i
wasn't able to get it to work 100% stable with the latest fo2 engine
25.August.2008 - Update:
is a short update since the "Last Hope 1" mod is weeks or just
days away from being released. I always wanted this mod to be bigger and
better but i saved a lot of stuff for the
second part of this mod.
wondered how to put that awesome FOT scenery into FO2. Since i've used some of the FOT graphic for my mod, here's
a tutorial how to
convert FOT scenery to
- New tutorial:
world map? Yes, it's possible. Nothing new though... but useful.
Making new world map tiles.
07.April.2008 - Screenshots:
screenshots added, from the first map in
this mod. I've decided to use these maps because they fit better into the
whole idea. I'll include these in the second "bigger" demo.
Anyway, this is the
topic for this mod. If you have any questions about this mod, post
- More about dialogs:
still working on them, adding more lines to make it a bit harder to make
quick choices or just pressing 1,1,1, :)) Still,
english is not my native language but i'm using it to make something understandable to
- Old Dialog Texts:
old dialogs don't quite follow the new story line because some of them
were written 3 years ago so there are many confusing dialogs, i'm about to correct 'em
- I will survive:
the work will go on. Although i'm doing all
this by myself, my creation will rise eventually. Just not sure when. So,
some of the fo2 "Last Hope v1.00" features are canceled (for
animated NPC portraits
NPC armors (are there any party NPCs??)
completion status is now undetermined... reason: personal decision.
currently editing some of my older maps, adding more scenery.
28.December.2007 - Work
this mod is about 70% complete. It has about 10 new locations which are
not related to Fallout 2 in any way. I also did some new images for
weapons so they now look more sci-fi than oldschool.
My plan is to do at least 3 more towns,
hopefully i'll finish them within next month.
Later, i have to work on some videos for this
mod (yes, it's going to have intro).
11.October.2007 - Change
I really liked those old school
looking weapons but i want to add it some sf apocalyptic style so i'll
change the look of the most weapons. Looks god so far...
.August.2007 - More work:
are few things i had on my
mind to put in the mod: ability to scroll through inventory, 800x600
resolution patch, no dreams and Frank encounter.
this options are added with Timeslip's "sfall"
Bigger world map:
to edit world map *.msk files and corresponding *.frm files to extend world
size so the whole map would be passable.
- Last Hope demo:
mode was BTW released in may 2006. It contains one map, some missions...
I was thinking about to put this map into "Last Hope" mod. I'll
see about that later...
Home | Modding | Screenshots | Walkthrough | News | Downloads
This site was last updated